Techfugees Australia is the tech community’s response to the current refugee crisis involving a network of concerned individuals who want to help refugees settle happily and more quickly into the Australian community.
We’re part of a global movement that started in late 2015 with dozens of events now held around the world. In Australia, we’ve already held three events, in Sydney and Melbourne (past events below). Many of the solutions developed are now operating as tech start-ups in their own right.
This year Techfugees Australia is coming to Brisbane and Adelaide!
- 5-6 November 2016 – Techfugees Australia Hackathon with Young People
- 15-17 April 2016 – Techfugees Melbourne Hackathon
- 28/29 November 2015 – Techfugees Sydney Hackathon: Finding tech solutions through the magic of collaboration
- Annie Parker, @annie_parker, Annie.email@example.com
- Anne-Marie Elias, @ChiefDisrupter, firstname.lastname@example.org