The Techfugees’ chapter in France started in 2016. It’s made up of a group of active and engaged members from the French associative, tech and entrepreneurial communities all looking for solutions to improve the lives of resettled refugees.
📰 Read all the Techugees’ news here
- Januray 2020: About Techfugees France Serious Games for refugees Hackathon (FR/EN) 👾
- April 2019: #TFChapters – What’s up in Techfugees’ local chapter in France?
- March 2019: Apply to the second #TF4Women fellowship programme in Paris!
- September 2018: Some news from Techfugees France!
- April 2018: #TFBlog: Laying the foundations for tomorrow’s workforce
- February 2018: #TFBlog: Community-building, Facebook groups, and Techfugees’ Women Refugee Fellowship
🗓 Take a look at the Techfugees global calendar here
⏮ December 3: #TF4Women Job Dating
⏮ 2019, November 23-24: Hackathon “Serious Games for Refugees’ Education”
Learn more about the challenges this hack will address by reading this Medium post (in French) and submit your project or idea before November 4th!
⏮ 2019, November 14: Pre-hack workshop
⏮ 2019, Octobre 10th: #TF4Women networking event
⏮2019, August 29-30th: Meet Joanna at Hanoi Innovation Summit
⏮ 2019, June 26th: Techfugees France’s Summer meetup in Paris!
⏮ 2019, March 28th: #TF4Women fellowship programme – Paris 2019 presentation meeting @Numa
⏮ 2018, June 22nd-23rd: Techfugees France engaged with the Red Cross in Paris
⏮ 2018, May 30th: Meet & Greet
⏮ 2018, February > July: #TF4Women fellowship programme #1
- April 16th: #TF4Women: Come meet our Techfugees fellows @Facebook offices
- June 18th: Come and meet the #TF4Women talents at Google Space on June 18!
- July 23rd: Come enjoy the closing party of the women fellowship programme in Paris!
⏮ 2017, June 30st > July 2nd: Hackathon Sport et Réfugiés
⏮ 2017, May 16th: Formation & Emploi pour les réfugié•e•s
⏮ 2017, March 10th > 12th: Hackathon with Startup Weekend
⏮ 2016, September 15th: Using Data & Tech to help NGOs & Refugees
⏮ 2016, June 20th: World Refugee Day with MakeSense
⏮ 2016, March 12th-13th: Techfugees Paris Inaugural Hackathon
The Core Team
Techfugees France is composed by:
Joanna Kirk, Paris – Co-lead TF France
Joanna is a tech PR working with a number of local and international players in the community. She is also the co-director of StartHer supporting women in Tech and entrepreneurs and co-founded Startup Sesame.
Sharanya Thakhur, Paris – Co-lead TF France
Sharanya is the TechFugees France chapter Co-Lead. She is currently working as a Project Manager for Gravity, a French-Kenyan start-up which uses digital identity to help refugees and SMEs gain access to services. She has experience in monitoring & evaluation and research in the development and humanitarian sectors. She is interested in finding solutions to enable financial inclusion and entrepreneurship for displaced populations, and is passionate about animals and cooking.
Get in touch with Sharanya on LinkedIn!
Alexandre Meyer, Paris – Co-lead TF France
A graduate of Dauphine in Economics and Management and ESCP Europe in Corporate Finance, Alexandre has more than 10 years of experience in the finance and technology sectors. Having spent nearly 5 years in mergers & acquisitions consulting, he co-founded and launched in 2015 a start-up for Rocket Internet in London, then developed it in Australia. He then joined Google’s Paris office for 3 years, where he developed its network of data partners. Passionate about positive impact innovation and the crossroads between entrepreneurship and the solidarity economy, Alexandre became co-Lead of the French chapter of Techfugees in 2020.
Charlotte Abdelnour, Paris – Volunteer TF France
Charlotte has been working in the Digital Industry since almost 10 years, and is currently managing Events & Communications for a tech company. She’s organizing several tech conferences in Paris, when she’s not climbing or spending time with her big friends & family community. She helped Techfugees hold #TF4Women Fellowship Program in 2019.
🙋♀️ Join the team! Volunteer your skills! 🙋♂️
Stay in touch
- Techfugees – Une initiative d’inclusion durable dans la #Tech – La French Tech Angers (December 2019)
- Techfugees organise un job dating pour les femmes réfugiées le 3 décembre – Maddyness (November 2019)
- “Bâtissons un monde où chacun a sa place”, Joanna Kirk – Aujourd’hui le Podcast (May 2019)
- S’inspirer et s’affirmer : quand la technologie aide les réfugiés – GuitiNews (May 2019)
- Techfugees France cherche les pépites pour la deuxième édition de #TF4Women – Maddyness (March 2019)