Offer: 6 months internship
Techfugees is a non-profit coordinating the international tech community’s response to the needs of refugees. It exists to empower the displaced people with technology. Techfugees organises conferences, workshops, hackathons and meetups around the world in an effort to generate tech solutions for and with refugees. It also curates and promotes the best projects it finds for partnerships and implementation in the field.
MISSION: JUNIOR PROJECT MANAGER
Together with the rest of team Techfugees based in Paris, the junior project manager will organize the weekly events of the fellowship program (#TF4Women – workshops, mentorings, networkings) including planning, logistics and communication. They will create and conduct an impact assessment of the program and prepare its scaling. The junior project manager will also give logistic, organizational and content support on various other projects including hackathons, launching of the online community (Basefugees), community animation, the Techfugees Global Summit and others strategic activities. Coming from sectors, countries and horizons, Techfugees’ international community and partners will permit you to discover a wide variety of issues, stakeholders and projects.
Specifically, projects will include (non-exhaustive list):
1/ Animation of a fellowship program for women refugees (50% time)
Since February 2018, Techfugees has launched a pilot fellowship program in Paris to support 12 refugee women in their insertion into the French labor market. The women join the programme with a rich and diverse background: a few with tech skills (programming, UX, UI…), some with entrepreneurial ambitions, and the majority with a strong desire to be empowered with the tools that will lead them to sustainable employment within the digital sector. Each week we offer them workshops, mentors’ advices and meetings with potential recruiters during networkings.
To coordinate the program’s activities:
- Ensure the good logistic conduct of the activities (workshops, mentorings, networking events),
- Organize and animate the events,
- Ensure cover of the program on social networks,
- Follow-up and ensure good relations with the partners.
To conduct the impact assessment of the program and prepare its scaling:
- Collect feedback from fellows, mentors and partners,
- Make an impact assessment of the program and create an audit report for the sponsors,
- Participate to the planning of the scaling for the next program.
2/ Support of Techfugees’ strategic activities (50% time)
Hackathons, online community (Basefugees), community animation, Techfugees Global Summit and all others new strategic activities for Techfugees.
- Participate in the project activities,
- Co-animate the activities with the Techfugees team,
- Contribute to the fundraising activities,
- Participate in the partnership management and the relations with partners (associations, large groups, startups, governments,…),
- Represent Techfugees in the events,
- Participate in the coverage of the activities on social networks.
The junior project manager is considered as a springboard to become integrated permanently with the Techfugees team and gradually take more important responsibilities within the team with a higher level of autonomy.
- Skills in communication, project and event management,
- High capacity of autonomy and initiative,
- Excellent organizational skills,
- Capacity to work on various projects simultaneously and on cross-topics,
- Ease and professionalism in partner relationships,
- Previous experience in association, entreprise or entrepreneurial,
- Interest for impact and audit assessment appreciated,
- Knowledge on the issue of refugees appreciated,
- French proficiency, oral and written,
- English proficiency, oral and written.
- STARTING DATE: as soon as possible.
HOW TO APPLY?
Send us your CV and a motivation letter of 3 paragraphs maximum at email@example.com.